STRIDE is a Center at Michigan State University designed to support and train underserved individuals with disabilities (e.g., physical, mental, neurological, intellectual, and developmental disabilities), their families, and other community stakeholders.
STRIDE’s Mission is to serve underserved individuals with disabilities, their families, and community providers by
- Offering resources and training for employment and community independence;
- Training future professionals and service providers through internship and practicum placements;
- Conducting research to improve outcomes and services;
- Engaging with communities to promote knowledge translation from research to practices; and
- Fulfilling the land-grant missions of MSU. STRIDE would benefit from financial support to enhance offerings in Service, Training, and Research.